Work began in the 1960s in Guayama and Humacao. A chapel was built in Barrancas in 1972. In the late 1980s, work was started in the San Juan area.
In 1990, the national church body was organized. Two years later, the national church assembly adopted goals for maturity and independence by 2004. The first seminary student began his studies in 1993. During the same year, the church began doing exploratory mission work in the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
The Evangelical Lutheran Confessional Church hosted the CELC convention in 1996. Three years later, the national church called Seminarian Sergio Cortijo to pastor the Barrancas congregation and to begin work in Ponce. Seminarian Manuel Monroig was also called to pastor the San Juan congregation that same year.
Church Body Statistics
National Pastors: 2
Bible Institute Students: 6
Seminary Students: 2
PO Box 1381
Guayama, PR 00785